Seiyuu take upon them the challenge of performing Rakugo.
Seiyuu Rakugo Tenguren Matsuri 2020 is going to run from 08/01/2020 to 12/01/2020 at Kinokuniya Hall in Tokyo.
For those not familiar with Rakugo, a brief note: Rakugo is a form of verbal entertainment dating back to the 9th century. It is performed solo with the actor staying in seiza for the whole performance often performing complex stories – comedy or drama – with more than 2 characters. Changes between characters are noticeable from different voice pitch, tone or a slight turn of the head.
Show Hayami, Subaru Kimura, Tasuku Hatanaka, Yukihiro Nozuyama, Kengo Kawanishi, Masashi Igarashi, Kappei Yamaguchi, Koichi Yamadera, Yuichi Jose, Kenji Akabane, Hisanori Yoshida and Youhei Azakami.
Mark Ishii was originally confirmed to perform but due health issues, he withdrew from the event.
The performances and cast are the following:
- 08/01/2020 – Tasuku Hatanaka, Masashi Igarashi and Hayashiya Kobuhei (professional rakugoka)
- 09/01/2020 – Yuichi Jose, Hisanori Yoshida and Dansho Tatekawa (professional rakugoka)
- 10/01/2020 – Kappei Yamaguchi, Yohei Azakami
- 11/01/2020 – Subaru Kimura, Kenji Akabane and Karoku Yanagiya (professional rakugoka)
- 12/01/2020 (afternoon) – Show Hayami, Yukihiro Nozuyama and Kikunojo Kokontei
- (professional rakugoka)
- 12/01/2020 (evening) – Koichi Yamadera, Kengo Kawanishi and Ichinosuke Shumputei (professional rakugoka)
More details on this event can be found on the official website (link below).